Knitty Bar

A blog of my knitting projects and a place for my fellow knitters to use charts and patterns that I post.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Skull Knitting Needle Case


I made this knitting needle case with the instructions from Stitch 'N Bitch, and fabric that I found in the "novelty" cotton prints section of my local Joann Fabrics store (Madison Heights, MI). They had several different bolts to choose from, regularly priced from $6.99 - $7.99/yd. At the time I was there, they were 30% off. You need 3/4" of a yard of each kind of fabric (4 different kinds total). There was enough to double up the fabric when sewing it together (as suggested by SNB, if you choose to use other than heavy upholstery fabric). With the purchase of ribbon, it ended up costing me about $20 to make. Everytime I look at it I smile, so it was money well spent. Plus, my needles aren't scattered all over the place now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Madcutlass said...

Those are some awesome fabrics.

I'm currently looking for fabric to make a case for my dp needles.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home